China agrees to billions in additional US farm purchases, White House says

(Ari Hawkins – Politico) China will purchase at least $17 billion in U.S. agricultural products annually through 2028, in addition to soybean commitments already agreed to, the White House said in a fact sheet released Sunday. The announcement followed President Donald Trump’s visit to Beijing last week for talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping and was among the few concrete deliverables from a summit Trump had pitched in March as a “monumental event.”. The White House also said China has renewed expired registrations for more than 400 U.S. beef facilities and added new listings, while working with U.S. regulators to lift suspensions on the remaining plants, a move aimed at widening market access for American farmers. And they said China has resumed poultry imports from U.S. states that the U.S. Department of Agriculture determined are free of avian influenza. – China agrees to billions in additional US farm purchases, White House says – POLITICO

Latest articles

Related articles