(Rebecca Falconer, Dave Lawler – Axios) The U.S. will send an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, President Trump said Thursday. Trump’s surprise announcement came a week after the Pentagon abruptly canceled a planned deployment of 4,000 troops to Poland. The Trump administration had previously said 5,000 troops would be withdrawn from Germany and that further troop reductions in Europe were expected. Trump wrote on Truth Social that his decision was based on the election last year of Poland’s conservative President Karol Nawrocki, whom he endorsed. Poland has in recent months faced threats from Russia that included NATO and Polish forces having to shoot down Russian drones that had violated the EU country’s airspace. – Trump: US to send 5,000 more troops to Poland
Trump says U.S. will send 5,000 more troops to Poland
Related articles



